Travelperk's solid growth and valuation. Taclia raised €6m. Belvo goes shopping.
May 1, 2023 • Issue #368
¿Cerrando ronda? ¿En búsqueda de financiación? Si conoces ENISA, un préstamo sin avales ni dilución, entonces esto te interesa.
Preparar tu solicitud de 2023 lo antes posible es indispensable para obtener éxito, ya que el orden de llegada cuenta. ¿No lo sabías? Esto te va a interesar entonces.
Hemos creado unas guías para ENISA exclusivas de lean finance. Descarga estas guías totalmente gratis y aprende todo lo necesario antes de presentar tu solicitud.
En lean finance tenemos un 88% de éxito en las solicitudes presentadas en 2022, por lo que podemos asegurar que somos especialistas en conseguir tu préstamo sin avales con las mayores garantías posibles. Gestionamos todo el proceso, desde la fase de admisión hasta el momento del cobro, ahorrándote trabajo y quebraderos de cabeza.
Si tienes dudas, escríbenos y hablamos de cómo financiar tu proyecto.
Startup funding news 💸
ENISA and other loans and grants from the public sector are a great way to extend your startup runway. However, doing all the paperwork and processes to get those grants can be a pain. If you need help, get in touch with Lean Finance!
- Barcelona-based TopDoctors received €8m from Mars Growth Capital and Liquidity Group. The company closed 2022 with a turnover of $18.5m, representing a growth of 30% compared to 2021
- Barcelona-based business management startup Taclia raised €6.2m from Cusp Capital and Stage 2 Capital
- Barcelona-based robotics company Keybotic raised €3m
- Valencia-based GrowPro sets sights on global expansion with €1.5m investment led by us at Kfund
- Madrid-based insurtech IMeureka raised €1.3m
- Other rounds of funding: TUTROCITO, Maternify, Golfee, Belender, Vankor, Eox Sense, Indemniza.me
M&A activity 🎊
- Belvo announced the acquisition of Skilopay, a Brazilian payment company specializing in payment services through Pix. This is Belvo's first acquisition, and according to the company it will enable it to expand its current portfolio of payment products to become the most complete account-to-account payments provider in the Brazilian market. More details here
- Energy Solar Tech acquired Coruña-based energy and industry tech consulting firm Sarpel for €20m
- Data center tech consulting firm Quark is apparently trying to get sold for at least €100m
Investor & accelerator news 🚀
- Inveready announced a €45m first closing of its fourth biotech fund. Goal is to get to at least €50m. The firm plans to make investment between €1m and €5m
- Banco Santander announced at an event in Brazil that it's in the late stages of structuring its venture arm in the country, to focus on fintech investments
- How venture builders in Spain are redefining the traditional startup model. An article featuring Mutter Ventures and Viko's Corporate Lab
- PwC announced the name of the six startups that will participate in its accelerator program: TaxDown, Ledgifi, Docxexpresso, Sttok, Aidea and Slango
Startup news 💡
- Travelperk reached unicorn status in late 2021, when it raised $115m. As most readers will know by now, a lot of companies suffered significant drawdowns during the market downturn in 2022 and 2023. However, the latest report published by Kinnevik, one of Travelperk's main shareholders, maintains that valuation based on the startup's growth in the past few months. Kinnevik states that "TravelPerk closed 2022 with revenue growth of 13x compared to 2019, and with more than $100m in ARR. Growth last year was explosive, benefiting from a sharp rebound in travel and continued strong acquisition of new clients." The full report is available here
- Delivery Hero has provisioned up to €258m to cover potential expenses related to Glovo's labour disputes in Spain. DH also confirmed in its annual report that Glovo did €970m in sales in 2022 but lost €412m
- Long interview with Alister Moreno, co-founder of proptech startup Clikalia. The interview goes into quite a bit of detail of the history of Clikalia and its evolution, from its first home buying product to a larger portfolio of products that includes mortgage management, REITs (socimis) and others. In the article, Alister also says that they plan to not only offer those products/services to buyers and sellers on Clikalia, but also to license the software to third parties. Clikalia has raised more than €450m to date
- Deporvillage saw a decrease in sales in 2022 compared to 2021, by 5%. The company was acquired by JD Sports in 2021
- Holaluz lowered sales and ebitda expectations for the rest of the year
- Seven strategies Tinybird is using to reduce cloud infrastructure costs in 2023
- Plant-based meat company Heura did a press conference to say that it plans to reach profitability in Spain this year and that it's looking to raise €50m
- Overview of the clothing lending market, featuring companies such as Ecodicta, Borow and others. Another overview, this time of the deeptech sector, featuring startups and investors active in the space
- Startup profiles:
- Alice Biometrics: security and online identity verification
- Nymiz: security
Big company news 🏦
- Netflix lost more than one million users in Spain in the first three months of 2023 according to market research group Kantar. The decline is linked to Netflix’s crackdown on password sharing
- Boeing has been involved in various startup and tech programs in Galicia for several years in Galicia and the local government would like that to continue. It plans to use Next Generation funds and the Boeing involvement to attract more aerospace companies to the region
- Deutsche Telekom announced a software development centre in Valencia, to house more than 400 people
Interesting reads 🤓
- Ignacio Arriaga, co-founder at Acumbamail, wrote "Platform risk: what is it and how to minimize it". He also published "What is building in public?"
- Samuel Gil, of JME, published "An explosion of intelligence"
- Kfund interviewed Cristóbal Valenzuela, co-founder of RunwayML
- Historias de Crecimiento interviewed Guillem Hernandez, CEO and co-founder of Eleva
- Itnig interviewed Jaume Sanpera, CEO and founder of Sateliot
- Product Hackers interviewed Tiago Santos, General Manager of Ironhack in Spain and Portugal