Bipi reportedly acquired for €100m. Blueliv also acquired. Lookiero raised $30m.
July 19, 2021 • Issue #277
Con este curso obtendrás todos los conocimientos necesarios para empezar a combinar tus conocimientos de SEO con los de la programación.
Pensado para cualquier profesional del marketing online que quiera aprender a programar siempre desde una perspectiva 100% práctica y empezando desde cero, en este curso veremos la sintaxis básica de JS, Python y SQL para poder usarlos en tu día a día.
Podrás generar tus propios scripts, usar la terminal, usar repositorios gracias a Git, crear tus propias funciones en Appscript, usar APIs, generar scrapers automatizados y analizar grandes cantidades de datos sin depender de Excel.
¿Qué dicen del curso?
"Nacho explica de forma sencilla y práctica los conceptos de desarrollo más importantes aplicados al SEO, y con los lenguajes más populares en la actualidad. Un gran curso por un precio inmejorable. ¡Altamente recomendado!" - Aleyda Solis, International SEO Consultant, Speaker & Author. Orainti & Remotersnet Founder.
"Vais a flipar. Un nivel de detalle y explicación espectacular, temario muy bien estructurado y sobretodo, lo más importante: super práctico y accesible." - Esteve Castells, Global SEO Manager en Adevinta
Startup funding news 💸
- Bilbao-based female-focused personal shopper platform Lookiero raised $30m in a Series C funding round. The round was led by Perwyn, with existing investors MMC Ventures, All Iron Ventures, and Bonsai Partners all following on. More details on the deal here
- Barcelona-based Venvirotech, a startup developing bioplastic, raised €11m
- Murcia-based biotech firm Cella Medical Solutions raised €10m from Moira Capital Partners
- Madrid-based freight transport startup Trucksters closes €6.3m to accelerate the European expansion. The round was led by Kibo Ventures
- Galicia-based startup Councilbox raised €5m from Adara Ventures, Telefonica and Abanca. Councilbox has built tools for holding online corporate meetings with legal validity. The company also announced that Javier Polo, former CEO of Playgiga (acquired by Facebook) will join as CEO
- Madrid-based Remove Group raised €1.5m
- Barcelona-based edtech CodeOp raised €1.25m from Ship2B Ventures
- Avila-based energy crowdfunding company Fundeen raised €1.2m
- Madrid-based market research startup Promos raised $1 million, led by Change Ventures
- Valencia-based NFT startup StadioPlus raised €700k
M&A activity 🎊
- El Confidencial says that Madrid-based car subscription service Bipi has been acquired for around €100m. According to Crunchbase, Bipi had raised a little over €30m in funding, from various investors including local ones such as Kibo Ventures and Atresmedia
- Swedish company Outpost24 announced the acquisition of Barcelona-based cybersecurity company Blueliv for an undisclosed sum. Business Insider wrote about the deal here. Blueliv had raised more than $8m in funding from Kibo Ventures, Telefonica and other investors
- As Wallbox prepares its SPAC to float on the Nasdaq, La Informacion has taken a look at Wallbox's latest SEC filing, which includes details on the percentages that each founder and investor might have post-transaction. According to the documents, Spanish VC firm Seaya will have a 7.16% stake in the company, Iberdrola will control 10% and Enric Asuncion, co-founder, a bit more than 11%
- IBM acquired Madrid-based cloud and data consulting company Bluetab. Expansion says that the deal could be worth as much as €70m to €80m, and that Bluetab had annual sales of €30m growing at 30% year-on-year
- MAD Lions became the first Spanish eSports team to be part of a stock exchange, as its holding company Overactive Media went public on the Toronto stock exchange
Investor & accelerator news 🚀
- Miguel Arias, former director of Wayra and also COO of CARTO, is joining us at K Fund. Miguel also wrote about the move on his personal blog
- Inveready announced plans to launch a SPAC, becoming the first Spanish investor to do so
- Jesus Monleon of 4Founders Capital wrote a blog post with some lessons learned during the last few exits of SeedRocket companies, featuring Holded and Deporvillage
- Repsol announced the name of seven new startup that will join its corporate accelerator program
Startup news 💡
- La Informacion looked into the current development of Hyperloop in Spain. The first project of the company outside of the US was supposed to have its base in Malaga with the participation of Virgin. That project seems now on hold, and Spanish startup Zeleros has taken over as the main promoter of Hyperloop
- Cabify has lost its exclusivity with Grupo Auro, one of the main holders of VTC licenses in Spain. From now on, Grupo Auro can also work with Uber, Cabify's main competitor in Spain
- Also on Cabify, Sifted put together a list of former co-founders and employees of the company that have gone on to create new tech companies: the Cabify mafia
- Alejandro Artacho, CEO of Spotahome, said in a post that "Spotahome and Erasmusu have achieved another milestone: we surpassed 2019 weekly sales volume last week and are well above pre covid levels which represents 3x growth from 2020 and 5x the volume from March"
- Former Coinbase UK CEO, Zeeshan Feroz, joined Spanish crypto exchange Bit2Me as a strategic advisor
- Cinco Dias wrote a profile of Submer, a Barcelona-based startup that provides a computing liquid immersion cooling solution for data centers that saves up to 99% of cooling costs. The company also announced that it has entered the US market
- Jordi Altimira of UpBizor wrote a profile of Barcelona-based foodtech startup Heura Foods, which recently raised €16m in funding
- El Confidencial profiled LoverFans, a sort of OnlyFans clone that has reached monthly revenues of €300k and has 17k paid users
- Startup profiles:
- Divirod: water quality assessment platform
- Internxt: privacy friendly file hosting product
Big company news 🏦
- According to El Confidencial, Amazon could purchase TV rights of the Spanish La Liga to start streaming football matches in the 2022/2023 season
Interesting reads 🤓
- Maximo Gavete, head of design at payroll advancement startup Devengo, wrote about the process of redesigning the company's app
- Juan Macias, of Vepee and previously co-founder of QaShops, wrote about the "wasted talent of Spanish developers"
- La Vanguardia journalist Jordi Amat wrote a profile of Laura Urquizu, CEO of Red Points
- David Bonilla wrote about API-first companies
- Pervical Manglano wrote a post with 14 proposals to improve the recently announced Spanish Startup Law
- K Fund interviewed Alejandro Arenas, head of Southern Europe at Snap
- Itnig interviewed Ivan Navas, co-founder of Doofinder, a bootstrapped startup that has reached €10m in ARR
- The three co-founders of MarsBased looked back on their seven years of history
- El Inspirador interviewed Marcos Alves, formerly of El Tenedor and now at Luda