Indexa hits €500m in AUM. Devo grows. 2gether suffers crypto attack.
August 10, 2020 • Issue #229
Factorial is a Barcelona-based Human Resources software company, dedicated to streamlining HR processes and aiding HR professionals in otherwise time-consuming cumbersome tasks. It is an all in one HR platform with essential HR related features including payroll, employee onboarding and time off management, to name a few.
By digitalising HR processes essential to the functioning of your company, Factorial saves you time, which can be reinvested in other more productive tasks such as growing and expanding your business.
Factorial’s latest feature includes its employee shift management software, enabling HR professionals to easily manage and assign employee shifts, handle employee absences through automated time-off requests and run reports to track trends. Additionally, its new expense management software feature enables you to upload and track all your expenses in one place, automating expense approvals, whilst enabling you to categorise and analyse expense data. Sign up now and get 20% off for 3 months with the code DEALFLOW.
Startup funding news 💸
- According to El Referente, Spanish startups raised a combined €578 million in the first half of 2020
- Barcelona-based fintech company SeQura received €50 million in a credit facility from British investment firm Chenavari
- Barcelona-based health startup Elma Care raised €3.1 million from Mangrove Capital Partners, Antai and others
- Madrid-based GeoDB smashed Seedrs campaign by 150% with €1.6 million, aiming to reward users for their big data
- Madrid-based fintech startup Pibisi raised €140,000 from Angels Capital and business angels
- Other rounds of funding: Econoke, POiN
M&A activity 🎊
- Magnum Capital acquired a majority stake in digital educational organisation ISDI. Terms of the deal were not disclosed
Investor & accelerator news 🚀
- Startup Oasis interviewed Sonia Fernandez, general partner of Kibo Ventures
- Hipertextual interviewed Nachor Ormeño of Startupxplore. In the interview Nacho says that they've seen significant reductions in startup valuations in recent months
Startup news 💡
Hearts Radiant, a full-remote longevity tech startup from Valencia, is looking for engineers to join their tech and product team building a Longevity AI coach. Have a look at their job openings and apply to build the best product that will help our senior citizens increase their healthy lifespan
- Fintech startup Indexa Capital announced that it has reached €500 million in assets under management and 25,000 clients. The company has grown 100% year-on-year in the past couple of years
- Madrid-based Devo, the cloud-native data analytics and security company, announced that in Q2 2020 its revenues increased by 80% compared to the year ago period and the number of clients by 48%
- Crypto startup 2gether suffered an attack and bitcoins worth €1.2 million have been stolen
- Business Insider talked to travel startup Airhopping about how it's adapting its product and business model to the post-pandemic world, now focusing on trips within Spain after pausing its plans for international expansion
- Icired is a Granada-based startup that has built a listing of unpaid debts of both companies and people (listado de morosos). According to Business Insider, the company has been approached by Experian and Equifax about a potential acquisition. Icired raised €2.4 million from Everis and Informa D&B in 2019
- Location Intelligence startup CARTO announced a partnership with Google Cloud, which also means that the LI product will be available in Google's Cloud marketplace
- Talent agency Manfred disclosed its financials for July 2020
- German HR startup Personio continues its European expansion and is looking to add people to its Madrid offices, where it already has 35 employees. Personio acquired Madrid-based Rollbox in 2019
- London-based TaxScouts closed a €5.5 million Series A round with the objective of expanding to Spain and the rest of Europe
- Startup profiles: Goin, Yump, Laminar Pharma, Brickfy, Helloteca
Big company news 🏦
- BBVA announced that Instituto Tramontana will be responsible for the formation and improvement of its design teams
- Xataka talked to Didac Lee about the digital strategy of FC Barcelona
Interesting reads 🤓
- David Stanete, tech lead at Brazilian startup Creditas, wrote 'How to survive working at a startup'
- Cris Busquets of UI from Mars interviewed Ivan Leal, Narrative UX Lead at BBVA
- Itnig interviewed Mauricio Prieto, co-founder of eDreams