Mascoteros raised €1m. Citibox sees tailwinds. HolaLuz financials. Geoblink signs BBVA agreement.
May 11, 2020 • Issue #216
We are a Spanish based start-up with a mission to make first class Influencer Marketing technology available globally. Our tech helps thousands of start-ups, brands and agencies of all sizes around the world. Boost sales and improve branding with the right tools to easily launch and monitor influencer campaigns.
With Heepsy ´s powerful influencer search engine you can easily filter through millions of influencers to find those that best match your brand and your marketing goals in seconds. Explore all the key influencer metrics, including socio-demographic and authenticity data.
For those marketers seeking an extra hand in managing their campaigns, we have a team of influencer marketing experts that can help in all aspects of your influencer strategy, including setting yearly goals, campaign briefings and end to end campaign execution.
Startup funding news 💸
- Two new reports about startup funding and investing activity in Spain were published last week. El Referente published its 2019-2020 review and Bankinter published data and insights for the Q1 2020 period
- Cronica Global talked to various Barcelona-based startups that have raised funds during the current pandemic, featuring companies such as Factorial, Polaroo, Goin and Meyo
- Barcelona-based ecommerce company Mascoteros raised €1m from Antai Venture Builder and Atresmedia
- Madrid-based Cuidkers raised €300,000
- Iker Casillas invested in Madrid-based health tech startup Idoven
Investor & accelerator news 🚀
- The Valley Venture Capital is a new €15m Spanish VC firm that aims to invest between €200,000 and €400,000 in startups
- Latin American logistics startups SimpliRoute raised €3m, led by Madrid-based firm The Venture City
- Ramon Blanco (Indexa Capital, Bewater Funds) wrote about the effects of including antidilution clauses in shareholders agreements
- Jordi Altimira interviewed members of various Spanish VC firms (Nauta, Inveready, Encomenda and Lanai Partners) to talk about the current status of the market
- Guillem Sague (Nauta Capital) wrote 'Common sense in Venture Capital'
- Andy Areitio (The Venture City) wrote 'A mental recipe for founders in times of uncertainty'
Startup news 💡
Heepsy provides an AI powered influencer marketing tool that allows you to scale your marketing goals as a startup by targeting your audience and amplifying your brand story.
- Citibox's business is being benefitted by the current situation. According to an article in Expansion, the Madrid-based developer of new delivery solutions has seen a significant increase in installed mailboxes during the pandemic, from 18,200 to 22,300
- HolaLuz disclosed its financials for Q4 2019. The energy company increased its revenues by +28% to €58.9m and tripled its EBITDA loss, to €1.5m. The company had almost 240,000 at the end of the period
- Geoblink signed a partnership with BBVA to have exclusive access to the bank's aggregated transactional data from nation-wide point of sale systems. Geoblink has also been publishing a weekly update on the impact of covid-19 on the retail sector
- Jorge Bueno of Shoppermotion explained in an article how their software helps retailers ensure in-store social distance in times of COVID-19
- Here's an interesting tweet comparing the financial results and balance sheet of both Glovo and Rappi, which compete head-to-head in various Latam last mile delivery markets
- Devengo announced that it has decided to remove all fees associated with its flexible income solution, thus providing its services for free during 2021
The use of social media increased by 70% in the last few months, making Influencer Marketing a great growth tactic to reach out to your business targets. Heepsy is now offering discounts of 30% off on their Business plan and 50% off on their Gold plan. You can use BUSINESS30PN for the Business plan or GOLD50PN for the Gold plan.
Big company news 🏦
- Telefonica merged its UK business, O2, with Virgin (owned by Liberty Global). This is one of the larger deals completed by Telefonica's CEO, Jose Maria Alvarez-Pallete, since taking over as CEO. The company continues to look at other potential deals in Latam to reduce debt levels and increase share price
- Airbnb announced a round of layoffs that will affect 25% of its employees. According to El Diario, this will also impact the more than 1,000 people that work at Airbnb's call centre in Spain
- Didac Lee of FC Barcelona wrote an interesting piece about how Barça is approaching digital content and the launch of the club's own content division with Barça Studios
- Xiaomi surpassed both Huawei and Samsung in Q1 2020 to become the most popular phone manufacturer by sales in Spain
Interesting reads 🤓
- Carina Szpilka (K Fund, Adigital) wrote 'A new digital normal'
- Expansion interviewed Bernardo Hernandez (Verse, idealista co-founder) about his vision on the current market situation and how long the recovery could take
- Samuel Gil (JME) wrote about the secrets to success. Kudos to Samuel for having written 38 articles to date. It takes a lot of effort to publish such in-depth articles on a weekly basis
- David Bonilla (Manfred) wrote about biases towards young coders in the tech industry: 'No country for old coders'
- K Fund interviewed Santiago Lagier of Brandtrack
- Marketing4Ecommerce interviewed David Martin of TradeInn
- Zona Premium interviewed Alfonso Fernandez of Quoters
- Fenomeno Mutante interviewed Dani Seijo of Meneame, Diario Motor, Fuell
- Empresax interviewed Luis Paris of Parclick
- Itnig interviewed Javier Arroyo of Smartick
- En.digital interviewed Pavel Mazuelas of Lingbe