Factorial raised $16m. Glovo 2019 financials.
May 4, 2020 • Issue #215
En DOWE diseñamos espacios de trabajo para que te encante ir a trabajar.
Dada la situación en la que nos encontramos, hemos creado un webinar gratuito para ayudarte a trabajar más cómodamente desde tu hogar.
Aprende a cómo adaptar tu casa y dinámicas para trabajar mejor. Concentrarte, hacer una videoconferencia, lograr intimidad, desconectar al terminar tu jornada laboral, etc. ¡Apúntate aquí y hackea tu casa para trabajar en remoto!
Startup funding news 💸
Berlin-based tax filing startup Taxfix, raised $65 million led by Index Ventures. The company has an office in Madrid and is hiring for several positions.
- According to El Referente, Spanish startups announced 20 new rounds of funding in April, combining for €37 million
- Barcelona-based HR startup Factorial raised $16 million. The round was led by Silicon Valley firm CRV, and included the participation of K Fund, Creandum and Point Nine Capital. Jordi Romero, CEO, was interviewed by Itnig about the financing
- Madrid-based ANYVERSE, a ‘synthetic data’ startup effectively spun out of 22-year old technology company Next Limit, announced €3 million in funding led by Bullnet Capital and Inveready
- A Coruña-based deep tech startup Appentra raised €1.8 million. The round was co-led by K Fund and Portuguese VC firm Armilar Venture Partners. Manuel Arenaz, CEO of the company, wrote about the financing here
- Madrid-based Tucuvi raised €160,000
- Startups fundraising: ZeCardio
Investor & accelerator news 🚀
- According to Vozpopuli, ENISA has returned March's loan repayments to startups to help their financial situation and has also extended the amortization period of current loans
- Samaipata announced an investment in UK industry 4.0 startup Geomiq
- Euskadi recently passed legislation that 'carry' lowers taxes for managers of VC firms and firms themselves. According to El Confidencial, Barcelona-based Inveready has moved its tax residence to the region as a result
- Investment firm Bolsa Social announced a first closing of €10 million for its new fund
Startup news 💡
If you're a company thinking about making changes to your office when your employees go back to work, or a freelancer looking to take advantage of your house to work in a better way, take a look at what DOWE has to offer.
- Glovo's 2019 financials were disclosed. The company increased revenues by 3X compared to 2018, to €216 million, and posted a loss of €190 million, 2X compared to the previous year
- Victor Correal of Guidedoc.tv has been documenting all aspects associated with his project in a podcast called 'No es asunto vuestro '. A great and different way to communicate the development of a startup
- Javier Escribano (CPO Ontruck) interviewed Fernando Rodríguez, Bizum's second employee and currently Business Development Director, to talk about the origins and evolution of the project: 'Bizum can be the European payment solution, will banks go for it?'
- Several technology sectors have been accelerated by covid-19. One of the best examples is telemedicine. Expansion published a long overview about the sector and talked to various companies operating in the industry
- Expansion talked to various Spanish founders and investors about how feasible it is for local startups to attract top tech talent
- Jeff launched a new business line, Relax, to offer massages and similar services to customers
- Money manager startup Fintonic published some interesting data about consumer spending levels in Spain during the covid-19 crisis
- CARTO wrote about their software helps clients acquire new customers with geomarketing for online retailers
- Gabi Aldamiz of Chicisimo published an interesting guide about Amazon Alexa skills store optimization: 'The Guide to Alexa Skills SEO'
La “Oficina Adaptativa” es una Smart Office que se adapta y evoluciona según las necesidades de los equipos de trabajo que la habitan. Es la oficina pensada como máximo exponente para la flexibilidad, la colaboración física y en remoto, la comunidad y la innovación.
En DOWE trabajamos con todo tipo de empresas, pero nos gusta especialmente trabajar con startups en fase growth. Podemos crear espacios reflejo de su cultura corporativa y ayudar a estructurar los procesos internos para que cuando toque crecer exponencialmente puedan hacerlo de forma organizada sin perder su esencia ni rapidez.
Aprende cómo puedes conseguirlo en este webinar.
Big company news 🏦
- Employees at Amazon distribution centres in Spain continue to be worried about security conditions as the number of orders and employees continues to grow
- According to Bloomberg, Telefonica and UK telco Liberty Global are exploring a combination of their UK operations. La Informacion adds context to the deal
Interesting reads 🤓
- Javi Santana of Tinybird published an interesting post about enterprise pricing in B2B SaaS companies
- Txema Rodriguez (Android Lead at Jobandtalent) published an overview of the no-code and low-code ecosystem
- Marek Fodor (Atrapalo, Kantox, SeedRocket 4Founders) was interviewed by Expansion to talk about the current situation and the impact it might have in the economy as a whole
- Miguel Arias (Wayra) wrote a detailed recap of the Coronamadrid.com initiative, which featured the participation of startups, corporates and government initiatives
- Andy Areitio (The Venture City) wrote 'A mental recipe for founders in times of uncertainty'
- Product Hackers wrote an article about design systems: what they are, how to build them and why they're useful
- Lourdes de Lacalle of Igeneris published an article about different tech trends to follow the current situation