Eurobits acquired for €15m. Sateliot raised €1.4m. We Are Knitters record sales.
March 30, 2020 • Issue #210
En las últimas semanas hemos visto como empresas que no están acostumbradas al trabajo en remoto se ven forzadas a adoptarlo de repente. Y hemos visto también como, en tiempos de crisis, continúan los ataques a sistemas informáticos de empresas (e incluso hospitales).
Para evitar sustos y problemas mayores, es importante seguir las recomendaciones de seguridad. Pero a veces eso no es suficiente.
Si quieres añadir una capa de seguridad a tus sistemas y poder descansar (en casa) tranquilo, te recomendamos que le eches un vistazo a los diferentes productos que Datos101 ofrece.
Datos101 aboga por la copia de seguridad como el sistema más esencial y eficaz para proteger tus datos en caso de ataque. Y además, y para que pruebes el servicio sin ningún compromiso, Datos101 te regala un mes gratis.
Ya sabes lo que dice el refrán, es mejor prevenir que curar. Prueba Datos101.
Startup funding news 💸
- Barcelona-based IoT startup Sateliot raised €1.4 million, led by CapitanaVP
- Barcelona-based Volava, makers of an indoor bike similar to Peloton in the US, raised €800,000 from Inveready, The Crowd Angel and others
- Valencia-based blockchain powered data storage startup Internxt raised €200,000 via Sociosinversores
M&A activity 🎊
- Swedish startup Tink, one of Europe’s leading open banking platforms, acquired Madrid-based Eurobits for €15 million. Eurobits provides account aggregation services to financial services companies
Investor & accelerator news 🚀
- El Referente talked to various investors about their view of the current market and how it will affect startups raising funding. So did La Vanguardia, also featuring entrepreneurs and startups that are favoured and affected by the current crisis. And here's another similar articl e by Expansion
Startup news 💡
In times like these, it's very important to keep your systems and information secure. Cloud backups are one of the better alternatives to increase security. If you want to give it a try, take a look at what Datos101 has to offer, including a 30-day free trial.
- Coronavirus real estate slowdown hits Barcelona-based Badi hard. Sifted talked to CEO Carlos Pierre about the current situation. The company also announced last week that it would provide housing to doctors and nurses in Barcelona
- The current situation hurts a lot of companies but is beneficial to others. Such is the case of ecommerce startup We Are Knitters. The company reached €100,000 in daily sales for the first time ever
- Iristrace launched a new service to help hospitals manage beds and ventilators
- There's been many layoffs in Spain in the past few days, obviously also affecting startups. Sngular's CEO Jose Luis Vallejo published a post explaining why his company had to make the decision to let go part of its staff
- Telemedicine startup Opensalud launched a platform to help retired doctors and those under quarantine to provide consultations to patients. Another telemedicine startup, iFeel, will offer its online psychology platform for free
- Sherwood Science is a grassroots project to help the medical community capture, standardize and collaborate on covid-19 related data
- Stockcrowd to provide its crowdfunding software for free for three months. The company also launched an initiative to focus on covid-19 campaigns
Big company news 🏦
- Just Eat Spain announced a series of measures to help small restaurants navigate these difficult times, including re-payment of part of delivery fees
- Bizum says that it has increased by 24% the number of clients since the covid-19 outbreak happened
Tech and policy 💂🏼♂️
- The Spanish government announced newer and stronger restrictions on Saturday. For now, food delivery platforms as well as the distribution of goods bought online continue to be available for the general public
- Labour unions continue to request the government to shut down some last-mile delivery services, including Glovo. Glovo last week claimed to have delivered more than 700,000 masks and gloves to its riders
Interesting reads 🤓
- Cris Busquets (UI From Mars) wrote 'how design teams can work remotely'
- Samuel Gil (JME) published the second part of his 'crossing the chasm' series
- K Fund interviewed Pablo Postigo and Luis Herranz of Frontity
- En.digital interviewed Ismael Barros and Máximo Gavete of Soluble Studio
- Itnig talked to various entrepreneurs and investors about the current covid-19 situation