Happy New Year. Glovo and Woffu financials. MasMovil’s growth.
January 7, 2020 • Issue #198
¿Tienes una Pyme pero todavía envías la documentación a tu asesoría en un zip al final del trimestre? ¿Estás de alta en autónomos pero nunca sabes cuánto vas a pagar de impuestos hasta que te avisa la gestoría unos días antes?
Gracias al acuerdo de colaboración que BV Asesores ha firmado con Quipu, su cuota mensual incluye acceso a un programa de facturación y contabilidad que te permite emitir las facturas al tiempo que llevas el registro de los impuestos a pagar y los modelos presentados en tu nombre.
¡Echa un vistazo a los testimonios de sus clientes más ilustres y no lo pienses, es el momento!
Startup funding news 💸
- According to El Referente, Spanish startups raised more than €1 billion in 2019. Also related to the topic, Expansion looked at the impact of international investors in the largest rounds raised in Spain last year
- Expansion published a short overview of the Catalan biotech ecosystem. Health startups raised a combined €59 million in 2019
- Madrid-based consumer data management app Tribaldata raised €500,000 from various business angels
M&A activity 🎊
- Mexican Softtek bought Spanish IT services company, Vector ITC
Investor & accelerator news 🚀
- According to Wayra, Telefonica has generated more than €32 million in revenues to startups that are part of its program
Startup news 💡
- Glovo disclosed some financial metrics for the year 2018. In the period, Glovo lost €55.9 million (vs. €5 million in 2017) as it continues to push forward with its ambitious expansion plans
- MasMovil is no longer a startup, but the telco has grown tremendously over the past few years, becoming the fourth largest telco operator in Spain with rumours that it could even buy Vodafone and/or BT Spain. Xataka looked at the company's history in this article
- Insurtech startup Bdeo published an overview of 2019. The company provides an AI image recognition service to make insurance companies more efficient. It has 20 clients and 25 employees
- HR startup Woffu disclosed its 2019 numbers: €175,000 in MRR, sales of €2 million (+200% year-on-year growth) and 1,250 customers
- Marketing4Ecommerce published a list of the 10 most used financial services apps in Spain. The list features two startups, Bnext and Fintonic
- Xataka profiled Gratix, a Spanish startup that has built a platform for users to give for free products they don't need any more
- Barcelona Startup News put together a list of 20 Barcelona startups to watch in 2020
- Startup profiles: Loonfy, Virtualware, Docuten
¿Trabajas con autónomos en España y quieres ofrecerles acceso a los mejores herramientas?
Ofrece como perk a tus autónomos sufragar su herramienta de facturación y contabilidad para permitir que solamente se preocupen por su trabajo. Entre los testimonios de clientes encontrarás un caso de equipo remoto, búscalo y pregunta por su experiencia trabajando con BV Asesores.
Big company news 🏦
- MasMovil and Digi won 900,000 customers from Spain's largest telco operators in 2019
- Cinco Dias interviewed Mingqiang Wang, managing director of Aliexpress Spain. The Chinese company opened its first stores ever in Europe last year, in Barcelona and Madrid, and has more ambitious plans for the country
- BBVA to test selling financial products and services via Amazon
Tech and policy 💂🏼♂️
- Fernando Encinar, co-founder of idealista, responded to PSOE-Podemos' plans to regulate the Spanish rental housing market. Encinar says that problems in the vacation rental sector have happened because of a lack of specific laws and that limiting rental prices won't be a positive measure
- Taxi drivers are already planning to boycott Mobile World Congress if Barcelona's local government doesn't limit Cabify
Interesting reads 🤓
- Pedro L. Hojas Cancho, General Secretary of UGT FICA, wrote an op-ed in Cinco Dias about how the Spanish automotive industry could be falling behind in the age of electric cars and manufacturing of batteries
- Various Spanish companies have tried to gain market share in the competitive smartphone market in recent years. Bq, Wolder and Energy Sistem are three examples. Xataka wrote about why none of this brands have been able to compete in the market
- The state of renewable energy in Spain: 2019 was the year with the highest amount of installations of renewable energy in the country
- Jorge Sancha, co-founder of Tinybird, wrote 'You reap what you sow, specially as a Product Manager'