Welcome to Dealflow.es. The same weekly email about the Spanish tech ecosystem. But with some additional features.
September 1, 2019 • Issue #179
Some news 😊
- Welcome to a new edition of what used to be Novobrief’s newsletter.
- In late 2017 I sold Novobrief.com, and since then I’ve been thinking quite a bit about the future of the newsletter and where I wanted to take it. I think newsletters have a very bright future and they’re more than just a simple email: they are a publication on its own, with the only (and great) caveat that you don’t go to a URL to read it, but it comes to you, you receive it in your inbox.
- Dealflow is my effort to amplify the reach of this weekly email, which is currently received by more than 5,200 people interested in knowing what’s going on in the Spanish startup ecosystem.
- What does this mean to you, my dear reader? Not much. Every Monday you’ll continue to receive this newsletter with the same sections and the same type of news, but with a slight dose of visual changes.
- On top of that, the newsletter has now a website: Dealflow.es. But why? For two main reasons:
- 1) People love receiving their newsletter in their inbox every Monday. But some people prefer to visit a specific URL to read their news. From now on, every time a new issue is sent to Dealflow’s email list, the newsletter will also get published on Dealflow.es, which also makes it easier to visit past issues.
- 2) I’ve been writing this newsletter for almost five years, which means that I’ve written about a lot of startups, VCs, corporates, founders, etc. In my conversations with many of you, you’ve mentioned that you often go back to previous newsletters to see what company X/Y/Z has done in the past. You don’t have to do that anymore. Dealflow has a built-in search engine that allows you to search for anything you want across more than 170 newsletters sent over the years. Simply click on the search icon at the top of the website or click F on your keyboard. It’s that easy!
- Before I leave with you with this week’s newsletter, I wanted to say thank you to several people who have been quite instrumental in the development of this newsletter and in my career in the past few years.
- My girlfriend Marta, who’s always supported me in this (and many other) endeavours; Manu, David, Miguel and the rest of the great team of Sensa who came up with the design and development of the site; Walter Kobylanski, because the dealflow.es domain was his; Diego Cabezudo and Gigas for providing a great hosting service; and my colleagues at K Fund.
- If you have any feedback, don’t hesitate to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you’re a company interested in sponsoring the newsletter or promoting your job openings to our audience, send me an email at email@example.com
- Have a great Monday :)