Jobandtalent expects to raise €40m. Glovo acquired Polish business for €30m. Miguel Arias investing lessons learned.
August 23, 2019 • Issue #178
Finding an office to rent in Barcelona is hard. Finding a big, nice and well-located office in Barcelona is even harder.
That’s until you see what @22HQ has to offer: Pere IV 86 is a unique building from the 1940s with more than 3,600 m2 of office space, terraces on every floor, industrial character with high Catalan vaulted ceilings and light filled spaces.
The building will be available Q1 2021 and @22HQ is looking for a single company interested in filling the whole space or multiple companies in need of more than 1,000 m2 each. If you’re interested in this unique opportunity, reach out to them by using the form on their website.
Startup funding news 💸
- According to Sky News, giant SoftBank Vision Fund is in talks with Glovo to invest in the last mile delivery startup
- Fever raised $35 million from Rakuten and previous investors such as Accel Partners and Atresmedia. The company says that more than 70% of its revenues come from outside of Spain. This brings the total raised by Fever to more than $70 million
- Proptech startup Prontopiso raised €14 million in venture debt from Inveready and Sabadell VC
- Oviedo-based 3D virtual conferencing platform Virtway raised €4 million to expand into the UK
- Blockchain geolocation startup GeoDB raised €1 million on equity crowdfunding platform Crowdcube
- Legaltech company LexGo App raised €330,000 from Akola and IESE
- Another legal startup, Emerita Legal, raised €260,000 via Startupxplore
- Galician fintech startup Coinscrap raised €180,000 from BBooster Ventures, Indexa Capital and Fernando Cabello-Astolfi (Aplazame)
Podcasts of the week 🎧
- En.digital interviewed me